Thanksgiving!
Its Thanksgiving morning and Gary and I are eyeing the Black Friday deals! He sees an x-box that he thinks might be a good deal at Wall-Mart. He had planned on us going and getting in line at 3 in the morning to try and get this great deal. Once he realized what an ordeal it would be to get the discount he quickly changed his mind.
If your are thinking he changed his mind on the whole idea your CRAZY! No no no, he jumped in the car and ran over to buy it at full price! lol. I cant complain though, it's great entertainment
We spent our Thanksgiving with some of Gary's family. We wanted to spend some time with each of our grandparents in Idaho but at the last minute decided to just stay in town. Gary was kind enough to take me to see Twilight in theaters Thanksgiving day! I enjoyed the movie but it has its cheese moments. Following the movie we went to Gary's great aunt's house for Thanksgiving dinner. The food was quite tasty! We also cooked our own turkey (Gary won it at work for getting the most sales). It was my first till cooking a whole bird so I did some research. I think it turned out really well for my first try. It was juicy and had some favor to it. I used the meat to make a couple batches of Turkey Bundles and some turkey Alfredo type of a meal. The rest went towards delicious turkey sandwiches.
Less Exciting Stuff...
I was anticipating the opportunity to decorate our house in Christmas decorations! I was sad to find that I only have 2-5 Christmas objects. It did humor me a little though and made me realize it means I'll get to do some shopping for next year! Its the week before Christmas and I still haven't done my shopping or my Christmas cards. Heck, I still have a couple thank you cards to send out from the wedding! I was doing so well and I'm starting to fade. I apologize!
Speaking of slacking; I had been having some minor health issues the past few days. I'm all for trying to cure my issues on my own so I'd been taking extra good care of myself but I wasn't feeling any better. This morning Gary not only asked me to but demanded that I go to the doctor to get everything taken care of. We don't have insurance quite yet so I was looking for an office that was willing to accept me anyway. I looked for a couple hours and ended up finding one in Payson (about 30 mins south of us). Sadly Gary had to come home from work and ended up having to take the whole day off for this lame appointment. It was a bad day, that's all I'm going to say about that whole situation... Anyway, I'm great! I'm on some antibiotics while they watch my test results. I'm sure I should be better by tomorrow.
I should also quickly mention... We got SNOW! That usually doesn't excite me but for some odd reason this year it does. It snowed about 3 inches this morning but its looking like that should be it for a while. Other than that, we have just been living a boring (but AMAZING and FUN) life here in Provo.
Christmas Plans!
Baylie is getting baptized this month! I'm really excited for her and I'm even more thankful that she held off a month so I could be there to share the exciting time with her. With that said, we are going to Washington for Christmas! We'll leave the 23rd and spend a few days with my mom in Sherwood Oregon. After spending a few days with her and Scott and my little brother Jeremy we will head up to my dads. I am so excited to go home and spend some time with my family! I really love them more than I could ever explain.
The weather is forcasted to be pretty stormy this next week from here to our destination. I'm honestly worried about our safety on the road. I'm sure we will be safe, I just worry. I will be sure to update the blog once we are back in Provo.
I love all of you and hope you have a great holiday season!!
Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment