Monday, November 9, 2009

Blogging out my eyeballs

Hey, sorry I have not blogged on my own family blog in about a month! Ouch! That's bad. I have however, posted 40+ blog posts since then... As I mentioned, I'm blogging as a major hobby. When I get a good amount of visitors and/or someone clicks on the adds I get money from Google. How cool is that?!  So far, I have made $3.78! Enough about blogging.

Gary and I had a great Halloween! We (Paul, Gary and I)  went to Qdoba dressed as burritos (hardly) and received two free steak burritos. As long as you had some tin foil on you got to pick any burrito you wanted with any or all the toppings you want. It was fun! Then we went back home and watched a move and wished there were more trick-or-treators. It was a pretty good night.

Gary is still working away with his business. He's making enough to live off of which is very nice. We are also wrapping up tax school. We're learning how to use the computer software and work problems out as if there was really a customer in front of us. It's much more fun than the class.

I had a job interview today. It was for a preschool in Arvada. Lucky me! Now I get to go to work from 9:00 to 5:00 and teach 7 little 2 year olds. Your jealous. I know you are. Really, I'm excited to get to work with such little children and teach them the basics. We get to learn about colors, how to count to 10! And our ABC's. I really am looking forward to seeing them progress as I plan, prepare and teach them my lessons.

I talked with my new boss and from the sounds of it, I'll get a good amount of time off (maybe 3 hours a week) because other girls really want extra hours! Thank heaven for them! I'd love to have time off! As I explained to my boss; I am working for fun, not because I need the extra money. If other people need/want the hours by all means... take my hours! I'm not sure how that works exactly though, since I'm "group leader" or their main teacher. I guess the assistants get to watch them for a while without me or something of the sorts. Honestly, I know nothing about the job yet other than my hours and the age and number of children. I don't know where my room is, what their daily schedule is like. I don't know names, what they already know. I don't know what materials I have to work with. To say the least, Wednesday will be interesting.

Gary and I were blessed with callings yesterday at church. First he was called into the office. The counselor asked if we were temple worthy. We replied not only with a yes, but also telling him we just went on Wednesday! He was pleased and then asked Gary if he'd be the Sunday School President. It was a bigger calling than I was expecting as new ward members but I'm excited for him. On our way to Sunday School (our first hour) another counselor asked if he could talk with us. We agreed and he pulled us out into the courtyard (yes, our ward building has a courtyard!). He asked if I'd be willing to work in the nursery!  Wow, lucky me! I get to work with 2 year olds 6 days a week! Thank heaven for Saturdays! I'm excited to work with them though and thankful that I have the opportunity to serve.

Well, that about sums it up. If you want more details... just read my other blogs!

No comments: