This week BYU and the Provo School District had fall break so I only got to work one day. I was excited since I knew who I was subbing for. She seemed to have a pretty good schedual and she was just a teacher assistant. Once I arived to the school I was asked to "go get the 8 special ed. students from the busses". I'd never seen these students before, how am I supposed to find them? Once the bus arrived I realized that was the least of my problems. There was a student in a wheel chair (he was non-functioning), and 6 other students that needed assistance getting off the bus. I was alone!! Luckly, one of the main stream students that I've taught before came running out to help me. I was releaved!
Once I got into the classroom the main teacher left me with the students. First of all, my contract says that I'm not to be alone with special ed. students for safty reasons. Second of all, they don't know me and didn't like that I was left with them. Suddenly there were a lot of problems! I had a student on top of a chair, another banging the radio on the floor, one playing in the teacher's desk, and then a student I was supposed to be keeping an eye on as he was tube feeding. AHHH!!! I didn't think I would survive! But I apparently did, right? Worst day as a sub!
No comments:
Post a Comment