Saturday, August 23, 2008

Wedding!!!


August 8th was our wedding day. We got married in the Portland Oregon Temple at 11:00. I was pretty happy that everything went as smoothly as it did. It seems like every wedding has it's challenges but ours went perfectly as planed.

After waking up at 6:00 and getting my hair done we headed on our way to the Temple. It turns out that 08/08/08 was a popular day to be married, there were 22 weddings that day. Getting dressed in the bride's room was a challenge with 5 other brides and their mothers too. The sealing then took place and went really well. The sealer reminded us that we need to treat each other as princes and princesses.

After the sealing we took an hour taking pictures on the temple grounds with our photographer (my Uncle Tony). I felt that the pictures went really well. They turned out amazingly well too. You can check out our photos at his website: http://www.tonyduongphotography.com/clients/laura-gary/

or you can just check out his work at: http://www.tonyduongphotography.com/

Dan, Eric, Gary and I then drove down to the court house in Oregon City to get copies of the wedding certificate. After fighting traffic for what felt like forever we finally got a few moments to spend at my parents before the ring ceremony. After Gary had time to check his games online and I uploaded wedding pictures it was suddenly time to go to the reception.

As I waited to walk down the "isle" I was more afraid than I ever thought I'd be. Even though I was already married, the actual walking down the isle with my dad, Gary waiting at the end freaked me out! I did it though, and it all went really well. Oh! Lets not forget that we walked down the isle to the Smashing Pumpkins! That wasn't intended but someone (not sure who) just turned on the music and it happened to be "Today". It was a classical version but none the less, it was SP...

The reception felt like it lasted an eternity with everyone calling me here and there. It was great though! I honestly enjoyed being in the spot light for the day. All in all, it was the greatest day ever!!!!

No comments: