Thursday, March 19, 2009

First Bee Sting in 20 years!

I was approximately 9 months old as I sat on the front lawn of my grandparents yard. With a "For Sale" sign in front of me and a bee on my arm I experienced my first bee sting. I don't remember any of it, as I was just a little baby but it has always been a funny story to me. I especially like the fact that my uncle was trying to sell me as a joke.

That was the last time I have been stung... until this past Monday anyway. Gary was playing Halo 3 live online with his friends as I was enjoying the fish. I sprinkled a few little flakes into the small tank and set the bottle down to enjoy the fish when suddenly my arm started to have a pinch in it. I ran into Gary and sat down on the couch.

"My arm hurts!" I yelled.

Gary kept focused on his game asking "why does your arm hurt".

"It hurts! It feels like something bit me. It HURTS! OUCH! My arm hurts" I progressively got louder and more panicked as my arm began to burn and sting. My upper arm was turning bright red. Then we see a bee fly into the window sill. As I realized I just got stung by a bee I really started freaking out! I start screaming and yelling like a little two year old. I ran into the bedroom and continued crying. Gary came in and tried to calm me down. He called my parents to see if I was allergic but of course, they didn't know. Karen told him to go get me baking soda and water and put it on my arm and to then go get a Benadryl.

Gary did a wonderful job of taking good care of me and trying to make it all better. It hurt for the rest of the night! It actually still hurts now... 4 days later. Anyway, I now hate bees and fear for my life as I open closets and cupboards in the house. I know its silly but I have a deep fear that our house is now infested with creatures that will inflict more pain on me....

This is my arm this morning, 4 days after the sting!


No comments: