When we moved into the new house the yard was filled with weeds! We knew it needed to be tilled and that we should put in some grass seed but we were going to wait til Spring. Well, Monday morning we found out that the church was going to be taking out some grass to put in some pipes. We rented a sod cutter and ta da! We had grass! Ok, it was not that easy! The guys (Gary, Mark and their dad) cut sod for a few hours, loaded it up in the trailer, tilled the yard, we all raked and Gary's mom pulled weeds. Then we had to lay the sod. It was our Monday activity.
When it was all finished, we ran to Home Depot and bought a few flowers for the flower bed. It was dark by then but I was so excited to have a presentable yard that I put them in right away!
This sod business actually ended up taking another day since on Monday we really only did a quarter of the yard... So now it's beautiful!!!! I'm pretty thrilled to have such a nice front yard. I haven't taken pictures yet but I will put some up this week. With the new paint and the new yard, this is a pretty hip house!
No comments:
Post a Comment