Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas!

We had a great Christmas season. We enjoyed time spent with Gary's parents and siblings. I was excited for Rachelle and Ryan to come home from Idaho!!

On Christmas Eve we went to Gary's parents to drive around town to look for Christmas lights, It's pretty much their only tradition to to that while listening to the nativity story on tape. Sadly, all 4 of the kids really strongly dislike this tradition... I thought it was fun.

On Christmas Gary and I woke up and had a yummy breakfast. I cooked eggs with sausage and bell peppers and onion. Gary LOVES this breakfast because he can pile on the salsa! After breakfast we headed over to his parents. When we got their they were just sitting down to their own breakfast! Once they were finished we took the Color Code test to see what color Rachelle was. Mother was sure she was blue and Gary and I thought for sure she was Yellow. Turns out she is Yellow!

Since all the "kids" are older (youngest is 16) opening gifts was not the top priority. Since we just wanted to spend time together we went to the movie theater in our PJ's with the thought that it would be pretty empty on Christmas. WRONG! I've never ever seen so many people at the movie theater. Honestly! The parkinglot was packed, the lines were long. We had to sit in the front of the theater since most of the seats were taken. It was crazy! We watched Avitar in 3D which was amazing. I'm glad we went.

Next we went home and cooked dinner. While it was cooking we opened some gifts. I was supprised at how many gifts I got! I knew I was getting a nice camera but I expected that to be it since it's a pricy gift. I was thrilled to also recieve a nice pot set, cookbooks... candy!It was fun to spend the day with the family and just really enjoy time together. It was a wonderful, white Christmas!

No comments: