Saturday, June 5, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

Last weekend Tanya came to visit us! I was SO excited to have her and her friend Rachel come stay with us for Memorial Day weekend and even more excited that they wanted to spend their time here shopping and exploring Colorado.

They rode in on a train on Friday. I picked them up from Union Station at 8:00 pm then we went home and just chatted.

On Saturday we went down to Castle Rock to visit the outlet mall. I tried my first caramel apple. It was amazing! Oh, I have been missing out. It was so sweet, juicy, healthy and unhealthy all in one! Tanya was one lucky shopper! She found cute stuff in quite a few of the stores. Rachel and I walked away with a single bag.

After Castle Rock we came back up and visited Cheery Creek Mall. It was fun to check out the mall in Colorado's richest neighborhood but it sure was hard to find an item under $600. We did find some yummy frozen yogurt though!

After our extravagant trip to C.C mall we ended up at very favorite store in the whole world. Super Target. I am so ridiculously in love with Target. I didn't buy anything fun really, but I did find some sweet deals in the clearance sections.

When we got home we whipped together a Tortellini salad for dinner. Then we watched the Fantastic Mr. Fox while Gary continued to entertain himself in the office.

Sunday started off with church, just like any other Sunday. We came home, changed and headed out to Red Rocks! We took some pictures there, walked around a bit and headed over to Kent and Jeanette's since Rachelle was also in town for the weekend.

We had Chicken Bundles and fruit. So yummy!!! After dinner we played Quelf. It's a silly game but I enjoy playing it. I don't think Tanya or Rachel enjoyed it much, but I sure did!

We left just in time to drive up to Boulder to show Tanya it's majestic view! I love the drive up, with the green luscious mountains and the green fields. It was pretty. I also enjoy roaming Boulder. There are some pretty unique folks up there but everyone is so kind and welcoming! It's the perfect little tourist, college town. We walked through Pearl Street Mall and watched the performers. That's my favorite part!

Finally we went home and got a few hours of sleep. We got up early Monday morning so we could go check out an "AM eatery" that I've been wanted to try. Kent, Jeanette, Mark and Rachelle all met us at our house and we headed over to Snooze. After our delicious breakfast Gary and I drove Tanya and Rachele back to Union Station to say our goodbyes. I was sad to see them go but we had a great time visiting with them.

Rachelle wanted to go see Prince of Persia:The Sands of Time so we went from Union Station up to Westminster to see it with them. We were thrilled that morning movies are so cheap! I'll admit, I slept through half the movie but I was dead tired from my amazing weekend and early morning.

After the movie Gary was so kind in allowing me to shop TJ Maxx while he sat in the car. It was my first time in there so I took a good hour! Though I was looking for shirts for myself, I came away with a whole new outfit for Gary for just $15! I'm a fan! Oh, and don't worry. I found myself a new outfit later at Old Navy and Target PLUS I got 2 new pairs of flip flops also all under $15!

It was certainly the best Memorial  Day weekend I've ever had!

No comments: