Click on any of the pictures to view full size!
Gary turned one year older yesterday morning. After making him his favorite muffins (orange cranberry) for breakfast we sat to enjoy our meal and he opened his presents. I gave him his gift (Mass Effect 2) the day I bought it because he thinks "If I buy it, why would I then wrap it up and wait to use it"? Good point I guess, though I like the anticipation.
Anyway, he received a nice pair of sunglasses from my parents along with a wireless XBox 360 controller. He was pretty excited!!!
He played Xbox for a while while I read about Gary's childhood. His mother has a detailed journal of what he did practically every day his first year. Then it tapers off to a couple times a week then to a few times a month til he's in middle school. I of course didn't read all of it, but enjoyed reading about his first year.
Then we went to Boulder and spent some time enjoying the Pearl Street Mall. I loved watching the street performers. We also had reservations to eat at a fancy restaurant called Med. I was excited that we got to order half off Tapas rather than a whole meal. We got to try about 6 of their dishes which filled us up for pretty cheap. I loved the lamb meatballs and the shrimp.
Then we went to Glacier Homemade Ice-Cream to try some of their most popular flavors. I was in Heaven!! My favorite was the lemon raspberry gelato! Yum!
Then we went home, watched a movie and waited to hang out with some of Gary's friends that were in town for the weekend. At 12:30 we figured they weren't coming over so we went to bed. Around 1:30 we got a text from them asking if we wanted to hang out. Gary jumped right out of bed and got ready to go! At 2:00 AM we pulled into Denny's for a midnight party! It was fun! We loved seeing some all of them!
Finally at 5:00 we got back into bed again and decided that we'd skip our church which starts at 9:00 and go to the noon one so we could at least get 6 hours of sleep. It was a great day!
Pics of the cool street performances!
1 comment:
So much Fun! I am glad you are doing well. And Quelf! We love that game!
Post a Comment