Gary loves telling people about the first three months we were married. He brags that I made a new meal every day, never repeating a dish. Well, that was good but the side effects were a bit more than he expected. In the first year he gained about 30 pounds. Ouch! I have held on to my weight a little better but still gained about 7 pounds since our wedding.
We saved up our money and bought a treadmill in May. Gary said it was what he wanted for his birthday but we all know he was just making that up because he knew I wanted one. He does that a lot. Anyway, he convinced me that's what he really wanted for his birthday and that's what he got!
We've made a rule. If you want to watch Hulu, you need to be walking on the treadmill. It's been great! Gary walks about 2 miles a day and I average 1.5 jogging/speed walking.
On top of that, summer is hot. We don't cook or have a desire to eat warm foods since it's so stinkin' hot! As a result we've found beauty in eating a practically vegetarian diet! When we do eat meat it's turkey burger rather than beef. We have also found that black beans, seasoned like taco meat, is just as good as hamburger. We've substituted our Orange Julius' with fruit smoothies, holding the sugar and adding a bit of spinach. It's been so fun and it feels great!!!
Results:
Gary has lost 20 pounds!
I have lost 7.5 lbs
I haven't lost much, but I now weigh less than I have since I was about 12.
And we still enjoy treats when we feel like it!
GO US!
No comments:
Post a Comment