Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013, a year with less sugar!

No buying or making treats:
January 1 - December 30

Exceptions:
Gary's birthday- I'll make one batch of rice crispy treats
Laura's birthday- Buy 1 carton ice cream
Ellie's birthday- Make her a birthday cake
If my family comes from out of state I can make 1-2 treats.

Not included:
Cereal (but we only eat it on Sunday's anyway)
Honey
Hot chocolate, apple cider and fruit smoothies.
Banana bread
Waffles, pancakes, creeps, German apple pancakes, muffins for weekend Saturday breakfast only.

*treats are allowed as long as they were not made or purchased by us (so ward parties, Costco samples...)

Reward: Either $50 or a super awesome date night!


Goal:
Breaking my sugar addiction and to find healthy, alternative snacks.

Motivation:
As of 2012 I couldn't go a few hours without sugar. I ate cinnamon sugar toast for breakfast with chocolate milk and had as much candy as I wanted through the day. We'd also bake brownies, apple crisp, cookies and other sweets as evening snacks 1-2 times a week. Sugar is proven to cause obesity and diabetes. I love being healthy and recognise that I am extremely addicted to sugar!

I want my kids to be healthy and I realize I am their example.

Facts:
"Sugar is the food industries cocaine" It's addicting and it's not good for you.
"The average American consumes 150 pounds of sugars and sweeteners each year!" EW!


No comments: