Gary promised me that if we don't live in Washington we can go visit my family every two years. He has kept his promise! We just got back from our 3rd trip since we've been married. We flew since the drive would be 25 hours. I wasn't sure how Ellie would do on an airplane so I over prepared. We bought tons of Dollar Tree toys just for the plane. We bought new coloring books, crayons, board books, fun new snacks and we even bought her a fruit smoothie for take-off. She did great too. She is an awesome traveler.
We had a blast with my family. Colton's Christmas gift to us was taking us to a Blazers vs. Nuggets game in Portland. Gary cheered for the Nuggets of course while the rest of us cheered for the Blazers. The Blazers won but it was close! Since they scored over 100 we got free chalupas from Taco Bell. I was suprised at how good those things are!
Bayli wanted to have a girls night so her, Karen and I all went out to see Parental Guidance. We also went on a Target shopping trip and went out to Thai food for dinner. We ended the night with amazing frozen yogurt at Menchies. It was the best girls night I've ever had, that's for sure! It was fun.
Gary and Colton had a lot of fun playing Battle Star Galactica. They played pretty much the whole time. Bayli and I made 3 batches of fudge, trying to find the perfect recipee. We accidently miscommunitcated on our last batch so it turned out to be an amazing fondue!
At my mom's we got to play on the quads. Gary loved that a lot! My mom and I had a great time catching up and talking late into each night. We also went on Target trip. We found great sales and she spoiled Ellie with awesome new sparkly boots, a new pair of pink shoes and lots of other cool stuff. Ellie loved getting to know her family better and even learned to like dogs! Oh, and she decided it would be a geat time to get some molars. That was fun...
It was a really great trip. It made me realize how much I miss my family. They really are awesome and I am so blessed to come from such amazing people. I am really blessed!
Oh, I left my camera at my mom's house so she'll be mailing it soon. Once I get it I'll post pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment