This weekend was one of those weekends I will always remember. It was warm, sunny, I have all my responsibilities under control, I'm in love with my husband and best of all... I'm childless and free to go have fun!
Saturday we got up, I made a new waffle recipe. Then we cut Gary's hair and got ready for the day. Sid showed up then we went out to do our chores (filled up with gas and deposited checks). The rest of the afternoon was spent just relaxing and hanging out. I made a home made BBQ chicken pizza. It was pretty good! After feeding all the boys I took a nice little nap.
After watching Swing Vote, Gary decided it was a good night to go for a midnight cruise. Eric, Gary and I then spent the next few hours just driving around on the bikes. We stopped at Sonic and tried their new Chillers. It was pretty much a milkshake, yum! The way home was beautiful! The moon was shining over the mountains. The air was perfectly warm and filled with fresh scents of summer and I was holding on to Gary. It was simply perfect.
As we were driving and I was admiring the moment I realized that one day I'll be old, and less able to get out and just go. I of course was thinking of the residents at work, thinking about how they all had their own perfect moments in their youth. It made me want to bottle it all up and remember this time of my life forever, which is why I'm writing about it!
I just hope I can always remember how blessed I am to be where I am, to have what I have and to cherish each phase I am living in life. I hope I can always soak up the beauty in my life and appreciate all that I have. To me, that is what makes life worth living.
No comments:
Post a Comment