Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Happy Love Day!

I love Valentines day. I think most of you know that already though. I don't love it because of the huge commercialism it has brought to our nation. I love it because of the colors! The decorations. I just love it! Growing up, my mom always made the day special by giving us special little treats. One year she make a huge heart shaped chocolate chip cookie for me with my name on it! It's just special!

This year Gary and I started a new tradition. Well, I suppose I started a new tradition and Gary participated. I've decided to make crème brulée! It's a fancy, French dessert and it just shouts "Valentines Day"! I also wanted to make a special dinner so I threw some things together and ended up with pecan crusted salmon with steamed asparagus. It was simply amazing!

As I was out purchasing my ingredients for the crème brulée Gary decided his gift to me would be an Orchid. I've wanted an Orchid for about a year now and was so excited to finally have an excuse to get one! 

So our Valentines Day was simple, but fun! I look forward to making our new special treat each year!

1 comment:

Brandon, Christina, Ariadne said...

I love Valentines Day too! It is seriously the best Holiday ever!!! :)