This past Wednesday Ellie turned 3 weeks old! I can't believe how fast time is going by. It seems like she was just born last week. UGH! If I knew how to slow time down I would do it without hesitation.
She's still an adorable newborn but she's quickly loosing her newborn look. She's looking more like a beautiful baby girl and less and less like a grumpy old man. When she was first born I instantly thought she looked just like Gary's Grandpa Hall which only goes to show what an old man she was!
I love the shape of her almond eyes. When she's eating I can't stop looking at her and when I do look at the TV or computer for a while I feel so guilty for not staring at her longer. This guilt sets in when I'm not holding her too. If I could eat, shower, get dressed and clean with her attached to me I would. I am madly in love with this baby girl and I can't get enough of her.
There were a few days where Ellie was staying up til 1:00 am. She would then wake up between 3:00 and 4:00 to eat again and then again around 7:00. This was making me really grumpy. I feel bad but I would get so frustrated that I'd have to just hand her over to Gary and he'd take her upstairs to play till 1:00 when she'd finally sleep. The next day I'd feel so bad for being so frustrated though. She really is worth all the sleep deprivation in the world!
The past few days she's gone back to her good old sleeping pattern. She goes to sleep around 10:00 and sleeps til about 3:00 or 4:00, eats for an hour (after I change her diaper) and goes back to sleep til about 7:00 or 8:o0. We get up and I eat breakfast and maybe shower. Then we go back to bed for her skin to skin feeding and nap. When we wake up I get her dressed for the day and she starts her day of eating, sleeping, pooping, eating more, sleeping more and pooping some more! Finally at 6:00 when Daddy comes home we try to keep her awake til 9:00 or 10:00 when we all go to bed together but not before we read scriptures in English and Spanish and say our prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment