Saturday, November 12, 2011

Our First Week

Well, I survived my first week with Ellie! Gary went back to work on Monday and I really wasn't sure how I'd survive alone with no one to help hold her feet back while changing her, no one to pick her up out of her bed, no one to burp her. It certainly made me realize that doing this as a single parent would be quite a haste.

I have learned to manage alone during the day. Each afternoon I look so forward to Gary's return home. He is such an amazing dad and he really is the perfect husband. I'm so blessed!

This morning (it's Saturday) I woke up to my baby MIA. I was almost concerned until I realized that her daddy had taken her out of the room to let me sleep in! See, he really is perfect. He even did something he swore he'd never do. He changed a poopy diaper and he did that perfectly too.

Ellie and I have certainly bonded this week and I'm thankful for that. I have started to figure her out and I am learning new things about her every day (like: she loves to suck on my index finger but will scream if you giver her a pacifier). She is the sweetest little baby and I'm madly in love with her.

As a side note, I am extremely thankful that my body is recovering so well! I feel awesome and I have already lost 24 of my 31 pounds. Seven pounds to go and I'll weigh as much as I did before I was pregnant. I don't know how that's possible. I really think it's because I worked all 9 months and chasing 16 toddlers is a lot of exercise.  I'm 90% convinced that my stomach is smaller now than it was before I was pregnant. Seriously.

No comments: