I spent the first few day's of Ellie's life trying very hard to soak up every second. I wanted to remember it all. I took and still take pictures all of the time trying to savor it all. I know that this time is going to fly by and that I need to enjoy every moment of being a new mom. I am trying!
I wanted to write a little about what it's like but right now, it feels so boring I'm not all too inspired to write about it. A day looks like this:
6:45 Gary's alarm goes off
7:20 He leaves for work. I either am sleeping or up with the baby. If I'm up I eat with him and follow him around like a lost puppy trying to enjoy each moment with him. Once he leaves we go back to sleep.
Between 8:00 and 9:00 Ellie and I decide to get up for the day. We go up and eat breakfast with Gary's parents.
Once I'm done with breakfast Kent or Jeannette hold's Ellie while I shower.
We go downstairs with 2 filled water bottles and strip down for a skin to skin feeding and nap.
Around noon we go back upstairs and eat lunch.
We come back down stairs, Ellie naps, I do tasks such as making appointments, helping Gary with business chores.
As Ellie wakes, sleeps, eats, poops, sleeps, eats and poops some more I watch TV, blog, take pictures of her, email my mom, facebook... look at Ellie
Finally at around 5:45 Gary comes home and we smother him with love. The poor boy is bombarded because I have missed him all day long.
6:00 We all eat dinner with Gary's parent's.
7:00 Gary, Ellie and I get in bed and spend the evening together. Gary reads Ellie scriptures in Spanish. After feedings he snuggles with her as I read scriptures in English. He then sings her hymns in Spanish.
Around 10:00 Gary goes to bed and Ellie and I start her cluster feedings
Between 11:00 and 12:00 she goes down to bed.
3-5 hours later she wakes up for a changing and feeding and goes back to sleep
6:45ish Gary's alarm goes off and we start all over again
I love my simple days. I love spending all of my time with my adorable baby girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment