Friday, October 17, 2008

One Crazy Week!

This has been a pretty great week! I was disappointed to only be working one day but since it's Fall Break I didn't have much of an opportunity to do more. So, I worked Wednesday as a teacher's assistant in the special ed program. These students were not as functional. In fact, a few were completely non verbal. It was the worst subbing experience I've had in my two years of teaching but I learned a lot.

The other 4 days I spent cranking out thank you cards. I'm done with Gary's side now and hope to mail them out today when Gary gets home from work. Now, when I'm finished writing I'll start on my side. I enjoy writing letters to people but 200 of them is a little much! I'm disappointed that its taken me so long but it's pretty time consuming.

Gary was successful at work as usualy. He made a few sales this week and is working on applying for a higher position in the company. His boss loves him since he makes so many sales and helps the team out with all his great ideas. It sounds like he doesnt want to lose him so we'll see what happens.


New Fish!
On Wednesday we went to the fish store and bought two more Angle fish for our tank. One of the two we have (Goatee Man) picks on the other one (Millhouse) and we read that having group helps. Now we have 4 Angel fish. The new ones names are Charlie (after Charlie Chaplin because he has a mustache) and Ruben.

Robynn bought me a frog for the tank as a birthday present too! That was a dream come true! Ha ha, that sounds cheesy but I've always wanted a frog and now I have one! He stays in the fish tank but he hides under the sand so we don't see him much. Maybe next time he climbs up I'll name him.

Oh, for restaurant night we went walking down town looking for something good. We ended up at a Mexican restaurant. It was amazingly good food and really cheap. I'm not sure what it was called but I'll write it down when Gary gets home.

Anyway, that was our week. Its been great. I'm excited for the weekend!

No comments: